Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Makes you forget about the scorpions...for a minute

I was doing the dishes yesterday, and out of the corner of my eye could have sworn I saw something moving quickly across the floor. I looked around to see what it was, but found nothing. I dismissed it and returned to my dishes.
Later that night, my husband found the culprit sitting right in front of my office door (maybe he needed some invites?) and quickly sprayed it with some sort of evil liquid then sucked it up with the vacuum. It was of course a scorpion. 
I don't get freaked out easily by bugs. Mind you I'm not going to go out and buy a tarantula and coo at it like a baby, but for the most part I'm OK with crickets, spiders, etc. But jeez are these scorpion creatures gross. So I spent a restless night convinced that a scorpion was going to climb out of my pillow and into my ear. 
When I got out of bed this morning, I noticed my husband had left the camera on the kitchen table. My first thought was, "Gross, are you taking PHOTOS of our scorpion population now?" But instead, he showed me this beauty. Taken out back at sunrise. I know I'll be able to enjoy it to the fullest extent after the pest control service comes on Monday. The commercial grade evil scorpion killer cannot come soon enough.

No comments: