Wednesday, April 16, 2008

New Logo for Carolyn Wells

I had the pleasure of working with Carolyn Wells just a few weeks prior to the birth of her beautiful baby girl, Maya. What struck me about Carolyn was that she was not only a truly talented photographer, she was also very patient, flexible and thoughtful. (These are not qualities I assume I will possess weeks before the birth of my child. PS - no mom, I am NOT pregnant!)
Carolyn came in with some specific ideas about the look and feel of her new logo, which is always helpful to a designer. The thing that seemed most important to her was that her logo be flexible, so that became my main focus. She wanted something that she could play around with and utilize in different applications. In keeping with her organic/free-spirited/earth mama vibe, we went for a sage green and deep brown with a pop of orange. 
Carolyn recently emailed me her new ad that features her new logo, pictured below. Notice that it not only works as a branding tool, but also a cool frame to show off her beautiful work. Thanks, Carolyn! 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the props, Kelly! You were great to work with, and I look forward to working with you more in the future! I was worried that having such a solid idea in mind for my logo would make me difficult to work with, but you met and exceeded my expectations! And all with such ease and grace! Thanks!

erin said...

Girl, the comment to your mom made me laugh out loud...since I was wondering the same thing! :) I finally started a blog of my own...look me up :)