Monday, October 27, 2008

No Bones about it

I live in a new neighborhood where there are more homes under construction than residents. So unfortunately I don't anticipate any trick-or-treater's this year. I still looooove Halloween, though, and figured I might as well post a few neat-o ideas leading up to the big day.

{For the Love of God, 2007, made of platinum, ethically sourced diamonds and human teeth} 
Personally, I've never been very big on skulls, bones or the like. But I know these icons are enjoying a trendy moment, and they are ever prevalent this time of year. We can't all spend $100 million on one of Damien Hirst's creepy creations (the image above is a REAL human skull with REAL human teeth. Gross.) but we can head to our local Michael's and glitter us up some fakes!
Martha seems to be channeling Eddie Ross here with her wicked grin, no? Either way, my vote goes for these tamer glittery skulls presented ever so tastefully. Plus, it's easier to find glitter than "ethically sourced" diamonds, right?
Find the how to guide right here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG LOVE IT!!!!!! Thank you so much for the shout out!!! Have a Happy Holloween!!!
Eddie Ross :)

Decor To Adore said...

Who knew that skulls and dazzle could work so well together?
Adorable!