Friday, January 25, 2008

January Charity

Over the holidays I had a minute to catch my breath and I realized how lucky I am to be doing what I want for a living, and to have a husband who supports me in my endeavors. I sometimes take that for granted and need to remind myself that not everyone is as lucky.
So I made a new year's resolution to pay it forward and be a more charitable person.
Every month in 2008, I am going to donate my time or money to a different charity and will post them on my blog. 
For the month of January, I'm donating to The Welcome to America Project. The mission of WTAP is "to build bridges of neighborly understanding between the local community and refugees recently arrived from countries ravaged by war, genocide and hate." 
For more information, visit their website or check out their blog

1 comment:

brightgirls said...

Umm, I am pretty sure you've been doing charity work already Kell- it's called Bright Event Gallery Favors, Inc.!!!! Ha ha! This sounds really wonderful.