Monday, December 8, 2008

A Recessionista Christmas, Pt. 1

It seems like everyone is talking about cutting back for the holidays, and for good reason -- the news headlines aren't exactly merry and bright. But that doesn't mean you have to forgo a stylishly decorated home for the holidays. This week I'm featuring fun tips and projects for those of us on a tight holiday budget. Enjoy!
I've been reluctant to purchase any new ornaments or other tree trimmings this year, and it occurred to me that I could create a fresh new twist on last years' tree simply by raiding my jewelry box. This works best with a smaller tree to get the most visual impact. Grab several pairs of drop earrings (those chandelier earrings that have been collecting dust --- perfect for this!)
You won't even need a hook - it's built right into the earring! Check it out -- my favorite earrings now grace my tree. Super easy and brimming with style! 

No comments: