Friday, February 20, 2009

The Continuing Adventures of Water Girl

One of my friends from college confided that before she knew my name, she referred to me as "Water Girl". This proved to be endlessly amusing because it hadn't occurred to me that I literally toted my trusty Moosejaw water bottle around like a security blanket. It came with me to class, to work and sat by my bed at night in the event I ran into a thirst situation in the wee small hours.
It followed me to my summer job, my senior year internship and to my first real job out of college. It even came with me when I moved to Arizona.
Shortly after that, my boyfriend (now husband) declared that my water bottle was ridiculous (it had it's share of wear and tear, after all.) So, bless his heart, he bought me a brand new, shiny water bottle. But it was never the same and it didn't take long before I had kicked the water bottle habit altogether. 
Incidentally, if there is ever a habit you don't want to kick, it's consuming water. Now I know whenever I have a headache or I'm just feeling a bit off, it's because I'm not drinking enough water. It's especially important here in the desert where humidity sometimes feels like -23%.
So I'm trying to resurrect Water Girl, and have found several options for chic water containment. Take a look:
From Left: Sigg 1 Liter Frames Lime $23 right here, 'I Will Never Take This Camping' $13.99 right here, Sigg .6 Liter Hello Kitty Red $22 right here, Moosejaw Nalgene Tritan Water Bottle $12 right here, Gaiam Green Tree of Life $12.99 right here.
Now I truly have no excuse to not drink water. If only I could find a cape...

No comments: